The Desk attendant will answer phones, greet members, schedule appointments for the Swim Coach, for pool reservations and for spa treatments. Also, answer member inquiries and manage locker key control. Performing assisted sales from within the pro shop and making appointment for the massage therapists. An experienced massage therapist is responsible for treating clients through soft tissue manipulation while maintaining a safe and relaxing experience. The therapist should be good at perceiving client wishes and needs through spoken language, body language and other cues and modifying their treatments accordingly. They usually report to the Spa Manager and Athletics Director.
Here are some typical duties and responsibilities of a massage therapist.
- Provide 30-60 minute massages to clients by appointment
- Guide clients through service offerings and determine which massages would benefit them most
- Take a detailed client history and note any health conditions
- Evaluate clients to determine painful or stressed areas of the body
- Advise clients on stretching, strengthening or relaxation methods
- Suggest future massage appointments and self-care notes to clients
- Listen to clients during appointments and adjust technique as they desire
$15 and above + Commission